Income Tax Filing Tips from a Local Financial Advisor, Accountant
News from

Your tax preparation for income made in 2012 doesn’t have to reach a boiling point of anxiety as April 15 nears if you remember a few important tips.

W-2 Forms

Monica Gamblin of The Gamblin Group blogged on Patch this week about W-2 forms and how to file your taxes even if you have yet to receive it in the mail.

In her blog she said you don’t have to wait for your employer to send your W-2 by the Feb 14 deadline.

“Don’t get frustrated if you haven’t yet received your W-2 and are ready to file your taxes,” she said. “Many taxpayers don’t receive their W-2 within the IRS required time guidelines and the IRS has outlined the appropriate procedures if you want to file your taxes.”

Once you have contacted your employer, contact the IRS. After February 14, you may call the IRS at (800) 829-1040 if you have not yet received your W-2.

Gamblin said it is ultimately the taxpayer’s responsibility to file taxes on-time, even if the employer has not provided the W-2.

1099s continues on

… Read the full article

Related News:

Sem. Financial Crimes Task Force gives tips for 2013 tax season
News from Mysanfordherald:

Sem. Financial Crimes Task Force gives tips for 2013 tax season

by Special to the Herald The Sanford Herald

February 13 2013 at 1452 | 40 views | 0  | 1  | 

… Read the full article